12/20/2014RText 2.5.6 was just released! A whole plethora of stuff is new since the last release mentioned here (though note many releases were made between them), so just go out and grab it!
05/02/2013RText 2.0.7 was just released! Here's what's new:
- Pretty-printing now works for JSON in addition to XML and HTML.
- The system console plugin now auto-completes file names on pressing tab.
- HTML, PHP, and JSP have new option, "Automatically add closing tags for HTML tags that require them."
- The text editor now includes an option to use the system selection colors for selected text and its background.
- The file chooser and File System Tree plugin now include "Paste" option to copy/paste file lists.
- Added Visual Basic syntax highlighting.
- Various code editor fixes and performance improvements.
01/26/2013RText 2.0.6 was just released! Here's what's new:
- Added JSON syntax highlighting and code folding.
- Improvements to the UI when a Substance Look and Feel is installed.
- Fixing a bug when adding JRE on Java Options panel (3600567).
- Updated Turkish (Burak) and French (Pat) translations.
12/21/2012RText 22.214.171.124 was just released! Here's what's new:
- Updated to RSyntaxTextArea 126.96.36.199, which fixes a keyboard issue with non-QWERTY keyboards.
- Several Substance skins are now available as LookAndFeels. Thanks to the Insubstantial project (https://github.com/Insubstantial/insubstantial). These Look and Feels are only available when running RText with Java 6 or newer.
- Updated the Spanish (Leonardo) and Arabic (Mawaheb) translations.
RText is a powerful, cross-platform programmer's text editor written in Java. It is designed to be easy to use, highly customizable and flexible.
RText is released under a modified BSD license. Part of RText's design is for the source code to be simple, easy to understand, and well documented, so that other programmers can look into its inner-workings and figure out how RText ticks with ease. A good place to start (besides the source code) is the Javadoc for all classes used in the project.
If you download and try out RText, I'd really love to hear your feedback, positive and negative. Please send your comments/bugs/feature requests through the project's SourceForge page.